About Helwan University
Helwan University was founded upon the presidential decree released on 26 July 1975. On the other hand, it goes back to the 19th century through the reign of Mohamed Ali who founded “The Operations School”. The grounds of that school were the base of many institutes that created Helwan University soon after.
Helwan University Faculties
The Helwan University has regarding 18 faculties, a central library and a specific library in each faculty, faculties consist of:
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Applied arts
- Faculty of Art Education (BA – MA – PhD)
- Faculty of Music education
- Faculty of Sport education (Men)
- Faculty of Sport education (Women)
- Faculty of Home Economics
- Faculty of Tourism and Hospitality
- Faculty of Fine Arts
- Faculty of Commerce and business administration
- Faculty of Computers and Information
- Faculty of Community Service
- Faculty of Engineering (Helwan)
- Faculty of Engineering (Matareya)
- Faculty of Industrial Education
- Faculty of Law
- Faculty of Pharmacy
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Education
- Faculty of Social Work
Helwan University Admissions
Helwan University Admission Requirements
The student must acquire the B. A. or B. Sc. degree from an Egyptian university, or an comparative degree from a further academics institute authorized by the Helwan University.
- So that they can be accepted to one of the Translation Diplomas, the student should acquire an academics degree from the related language department. He has to excrete an admission exam.
- So that they can be admitted to the Applied Psychology Diploma, the student has to complete an admission exam held for students receiving the B. A. in Psychology.
- So that they can be admitted to the Industrial Sociology Diploma, the student should acquire the B. A. in Sociology. A constrained number from graduates of the Faculties of (Commerce), (Engineering), and (Economics and Political Sciences) can be admitted offered that they complete an entrance examination.
- So that they can be accepted to the Social Development Diploma, the student should acquire the B. A. from the Sociology department or the B. Sc. in Social Work from an Egyptian university, or an comparative degree. The student has also to complete an entrance exam held by the involved department.
Helwan University Admission Requirements Master Degree Programs
So that they can be admitted to the Master’s Degree in Arts program, the student must acquire the B. A. with a rank of at minimum “Good” from an Egyptian university, or an comparative degree from a further academics institute.
He has to complete for one pre-master’s year.
- The department’s councils can carry a test for the students implementing for the Master’s Degree.
- The student is permitted to sit for the exams of the pre-master’s year only 2 times. Such exams are held in May and October yearly.
- The student moves if he achieves at minimum 70% of the total signifies of each course.
- If the student fails in more than 2 courses, he has to replicate the exams in all programs. But if he fails in one or at most 2 courses, he is permitted to sit for the exam in the courses in which he has unsuccessful only.
- The student is prohibited from sitting for the examinations of the pre-master’s year if he does not achieve a minimum attendance of 75% in each course.
- The duration of each written examination in any course of the pre-master’s year is three hours.
- The full marks in each course are 20 marks in all the departments.
Helwan University Admission Requirements for Ph.D Engineering
So that they can be admitted to the Ph. D. in Arts program, the student must obtain the Master’s Degree in Arts with at minimum a grade of “Good” from one of the Egyptian universities, or an comparative degree from a further academics institute.
The student has to complete an examination in the international language acquiring the essential score in the TOEFL, or the 4th level in any alternative European language from the specialized international cultural institutes in Egypt, or from the specialized language centers in the Egyptian universities. Students admitted to the European languages departments are exempted from this affliction.
- After the authorization of the supervisor, the student advises the topic of the Ph. D. thesis.
- After the authorization of the department council and the faculty council, the owner determines at minimum 3 courses related to the subject of the Ph. D. for the student to study.
- The student has to sit for the exams of the designated courses. His thesis is not openly reviewed by the thesis refereeing committee unless he moves the exams.
- If the student neglects in one course or more, he is offered one possibility to sit for the exams in all programs.
Thanks for visiting our site which is compatible of Universities Admissions and details. We provide the best information about Helwan University Admission 2022.
Official Site: Helwan University