The International Council of Ophthalmology (ICO) Fellowships Program was arranged to assist offering young ophthalmologists from acquiring countries strengthen their functional skills and broaden their viewpoints of ophthalmology. Fellows are envisioned to bring the obtained expertise and abilities back to their residence countries and be a part of programs to conserve vision and avoid blindness.
ICO Offered one Year Subspecialty Fellowships Programs For Developing Countries
Fellowships Details for Students.
- This fellowship gives young ophthalmologists from establishing countries with subspecialty education at a given ICO Fellowship Training Centre or alternative fellowship training program.
- 2 ICO – Fred Hollows Foundation 1-Year Subspecialty Fellowships are honored each year. The application deadline is September 30.
How to Apply for Admissions
The steps to fill out an application for an ICO fellowship program are posted underneath. You should be sure to verify the eligibility conditions for the particular fellowship for which you are applying. You will require to make an ICO Account if you do not undoubtedly have one.
Candidates should be under 40 years of age or less at period of application and are envisioned to come back to their home state upon conclusion of the fellowship.
Select a Fellowship:
- After determining your country, the ICO Fellowship(s) you are entitled for will be demonstrated.
Complete Eligibility Check:
- You will be questioned to offer details to be able to establish if you are eligible to acquire the determined ICO Fellowship.
ICO Eligibility Review:
- After your details is posted to the ICO your eligibility will be identified. You will be notified of the verdict and questioned to complete the application or advised that you are not qualified.
Apply to a Host Training Center:
- If you are eligible, you will select and apply to a host.
Host Application Review:
Your require will be examined by the host you have determined. If approved, you will require to affirm details agreed upon in between you and the host. If your require is rejected, you will require to select an additional sponsor.
Fellowship Application Submitted:
Click Here to Get Online Admissions
You will be notified that your application is complete and will be reviewed by the appropriate ICO Fellowship Committe
Requirement of Admission
- Candidate should be from a acquiring country.
- Candidate should be under 40 years of age at the period of applying.
- He or she should be a graduate of an ophthalmology residency teaching program.
- He or she should be endorsed by the ophthalmology head of a educating institution or public service hospital in a acquiring country.
- Candidate should be approved for ophthalmology subspecialty fellowship, 1 year in time-span, at an superior ophthalmology training center.
- Candidate should be moderately fluent in the language of the fellowship teaching center.
- He or she must be fully committed to return to a placement at a educating institution or public service hospital in the fellow’s home country.
- Applicants who have exceeded the ICO Examinations in Basic Science, Optics, or Clinical Sciences will obtain special concern. On the other hand, passage of the ICO Examinations is not a necessity for application.
- Candidates from countries with ophthalmologic societies that are Members of the ICO will acquire unique concern.
Thanks for visiting our site which is compatible of Universities Admissions and details. We provide the best information about ICO Offered one Year Subspecialty Fellowships Programs For Developing Countries.
Official Site: International council of ophthalmology