Sri Lanka Institute of Development Administration (SLIDA) is the most recognized public sector training corporation in Sri Lanka, for the progression of knowledge and development of expertise in Public Administration and Management. Moreover to management training pursuits the Sri Lanka Institute of Development Administration also undertakes Management Consultancy Services and Study to create identifiable functional places of management and also review and enhance organizational systems. This is a body management and business organized under the Parliamentary Act No. 09 of 1982.
- Improvement by means of Teaching, Information, skills and behavior in public officials.
- Coordinating training programs in the career fields of management and public administration and award certificates/ diplomas.
- Establishing a competent cadre of supervisory employees throughout public service.
- Encouraging public sector agencies in reviewing and enhancing their organizational management methods.
- Undertaking consultancy responsibilities and research activities etc. If you want carry out these functions, we have a highly aggressive, and trained team of authorities specialized in distinct fields of management skills. As such Sri Lanka Institute of Development Administration is in a distinctive position in the areas of training, management consultancy and research activities.
Scheduled Training Programmes
Planned Training Programs are chose toward the latter section of the year preceding the year in which the courses should be held. These courses are determined where the faculty affiliates and SLIDA management meet and discuss about the program articles and need for such courses etc. The planned courses generally tumble into 2 different types. Viz.
- Planned training courses presented free of cost for Ministry and departmental officers of the central government.
- Planned training courses presented on charge restoration basis.
- English language programs, Information Technology programs and the Master of Public Management programs are a number of of the very common programs presented under charge levying basis.
- Specific details on studying goals, program articles and period of the program which include the program charge are included in the Training Directory.
Master of Public Management
SLIDA organized the School of Postgraduate Studies (SPS) to assure the easy performance of the degree awarding pursuits. The School has its Project Team of Studies (PTS) and an Academic Affairs Board (AAB). These 2 self-sufficient figures have the specialist to choose research men, make a decision on the curricula, verification of results and disciplinary concerns, associated to the MPM program.
SPS is the center for applied research of public management and research. It is dedicated to offer a different clientele with excellent educational and specialized development programs. The postgraduate programs cater to the public, private and NGO sectors. These programs have been intended with the aim of increasing the knowledge and abilities of research fellows and acquiring them to become specialized managers. The postgraduate programs of the SPS also offer possibilities for research fellows to attain IT abilities and a range of additional knowledge which will increase their profession potential clients.
Distance Learning Centres
Distance Education for Public Servants (DEPS) Project started the activities of the Center for Distance Learning under SLIDA. The purpose of the Center is to accomplish out to public sector staff working occupying throughout the nation who are not able to enroll training courses performed in Colombo. Through adopting the distance learning mode, the enthusiastic public servants are helped to develop their skills in a variety of places of their option.
The distance Education Modernization Project of the Ministry of Education has offered resources for the program progression activities.
SLIDA has already organized Distance Learning Centre in Galle, Kurunegala and Badulla Districts and these Centres have practiced several training courses for a lot of public sector officers.
SLIDA Library is enriched with a assortment of contemporary and authoritative magazines, particularly in the fields of Public Administration, Management, Financial Management, Accountancy, Environmental studies etc. Moreover, the periodicals both regional and foreign are accessible for the use of the training course contributors and the faculty members.
The financing and the referrals sections of the library is open every day from 7. 30 am to 7. 30 pm except on Sundays and public vacations. The card catalogue and digital catalog are accessible to help out followers in their search for reference materials. Inter-library financing services could also be organized on request.
Program contributors of SLIDA could delight in the chance of living away from their work station and embrace yourself to the studying surroundings of the institute.
The residential centre is positioned in the same premises where the institute is positioned. This is in a extremely household area but apart from the standard environmental problems like noise and dust etc.
A whole of 66 rooms are accessible with 82 beds composed of 60 single rooms, 4 distributed rooms with A/C (12 beds) and 2 rooms shared without A/C (10 beds).
This centre also has individual analysis area, lobbies, computer, internet, IDD and telephone features. A having an experienced caterer service with Eastern or Western delicacies is accessible on require.
Applications Registration Form
- Application for Course Registration
- Application for Diploma in Public Procurement and Contract Administration(DIPPCA)
Get latest updates of Admissions of Sri Lanka Institute of Development Administration
Thanks for visiting our site which is compatible of Universities Admissions and details. Sri Lanka Institute of Development Administration The main Objectives of Institute Constitute, Sri Lanka Institute of Development Administration Scheduled Training Programmes.
Official Website: Sri Lanka Institute of Development Administration