The oldest University in Sri Lanka, the University of Colombo is a sprawling complex situated in the heart of the capital city of Colombo. In maintaining with its saying “Buddhi Sarvathra Bhrajate”, Sanskrit for “Wisdom Enlightens”, the University of Colombo aims to keep academic quality in all regions of study. The University of Colombo has SEVEN Faculties with 43 Academics Sections, a Campus, a School, SIX Institutes and many Centers and Units.
Deciding of learners for entrance to Universities in Sri Lanka is becoming completed by University of Colombo Grants Commission on the base of an admission policy planted from hour and hour by them with the concurrence of the Govt. Programs are asked through a notice publicized in the Media from qualified applicants on forms offered for the purpose by the UGC.
University of Colombo Admissions 2022 Last date
The subsequent provides on entrance is dependent on the publication titled “Entrance to undergraduate programs of the Universities in Sri Lanka” given yearly by the UGC and can be regarded as only educational.
The subsequent entrance plan will apply in regard of forth-coming Academics years
Minimum Requirements for Admission
Applicants who are pronounced entitled by the Commissioner General of Examinations must have acquired;
- At minimum ‘S’ Grades; in all 3 authorized topics; and
- A lowest mark of 30% for the Common General Paper.
Applicants who are evident ineligible by the Commissioner General of Examinations due to not pleasing (b) preceding are also permitted to apply for university of Colombo entrance simply if they have currently pleased at earlier attempt / attempts or would please at any upcoming attempt the said need within the 3 attempts permitted to sit the G. C. E. (A/L) Exam for the purpose of university of Colombo admission.
- In the situation of Arts courses (i. e. Arts, Arts (SP), Arts (SAB), Communication Studies, Peace & Conflict Resolution, Islamic Studies, Arabic Language) entrance will be created on an all area value base topic to the situation that the complete number accepted from a provided district won’t be below the complete number accepted from that district in the starting academics year namely: 1993/94.
- Entrance to programs of study in Ayurveda, Unani & Siddha Medicine too will be made on an all island value base.
- Entrance to all programs other than the programs mentioned in 3. 2. 3. 1 and 3. 2. 3. 2above will be made on double criteria, namely:
SRI PALEE Campus
Bachelor of Arts (Special Degree) (4 years duration)
- Mass Media Studies
- Performing Arts
Intake to postgraduate programs is relating to conditions laid down by the several faculties; provided below is a listing of programs on offer. Further more information are accessible in the sites of the related faculties and institutes. Details can also be acquired relating to these programs by emailing the Faculties or Institutes.
Faculty of Arts
- Masters of Arts Financial Economics
- Masters of Arts International Relations
- Masters of Arts Political Science and Public policy
- Masters in Economics
- Masters of Arts in Sociology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Economic Development
- Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Sociology
- Masters in Political Science
- M.Phil./Ph.D. Programmes
Faculty of Education
- Masters of Education (General Course)
- Masters of Education in Educational Management
- Masters of Education in Science Education
- Masters of Education in Teaching of English to Speakers of other Languages
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education-Teaching of English as a Second Language
- Postgraduate Diploma in Education (Sinhala/Tamil Medium)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling
- M.Phil./Ph.D. Programmes
University of Colombo Faculty of Law
- Masters of Laws (LL.M.)
- M. Phil/ Ph.D. in Laws
University of Colombo Faculty of Management and Finance
- MBA in Marketing
- MBA in Finance
- MBA in Human Resources Management
- M.Com./M.Phil./Ph.D. programmes
Faculty of Medicine
- M.Sc. in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology and Gene Technology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Occupational Health & Safety
- Postgraduate Diploma in Health Development
- M.Phil./Ph.D./D.M. programmes
Faculty of Science
- Master of Science Agricultural Microbiology
- Master of Science Plant Cell and Tissue Culture
- Master of Science in Plant Pathology
- Master of Science Analytical Chemistry
- Master of Science Applied Organic Chemistry
- Master of Science Chemistry Education
- Master of Science Applied Electronics
- Master of Science Physics Education
- Master of Science Atmospheric Physics and Dynamical Meteorology
- Master of Science Applied Statistics
- Master of Science Environment Science (with with e-learning)
- Master of Science in Medical Physics
- Master of Science in Nuclear Science
- Master of Science Mathematics Education
- Master of Science Financial Mathematics
- MSc in Weed Science
- MPhil/PhD Programmes
Faculty of Graduate Studies
- Business Management
- Counselling and Psycho-Social WorkMasters in Conflict Resolution
- Masters in Human Rights
- Masters in Manufacturing Management
- Masters in Japanese Studies
- Masters in Development Studies
- Masters in Women’s Studies
- Masters in Labour Studies
- Masters in American Studies
- Masters in Library and Information Science
- M.Phil. / Ph.D. in Multi- Disciplinary Studies
- Masters in Business Studies
- MPhil in Clinical Psychology
- Information System Management
- Masters in Information System Management
University of Colombo Postgraduate Institute of Medicine
- Diploma in Family Medicine (Distance Education)
- MSc in Medical Administration
- MSc in Community Medicine and Dentistry
- Diploma in Critical Care
- MD in Medical Education
To be launched shortly:
- MSc in Medical Toxicology
Research & Innovation
The University of Colombo has a powerful commitment toward investigation. Academics in several disciplines participate in higher quality analysis of regional and foreign importance. Information of on-going analysis, and courses, are accessible on the sites of the several Faculties and Institutes.
Research amongst learners is also motivated. The Yearly Analysis Symposium held in 2010 offered learners a website to existing their analysis to the scientific community in Sri Lanka. Team and learners from all faculties participated in this symposium.
The origins of the library can be tracked back to Jan 1921, when the University Institution was founded opened at College House in Colombo. The nucleus of the library was a group of 2, 500 important books on history, literature and oriental reports provided by Sir Ponnambalam Arunachalam in memory of his late child A. Padmanabha. By 1939 the book stock had achieved 27, 000 volumes whenever the library was altered to a more commodious building known as “Villa Venetia”.
Thanks for visiting our site which is compatible of Universities Admissions and details. University of Colombo Admissions 2022.
Official Website: University of Colombo